A Few Samples from Virtually Marj's Portfolio!WordPress Website Design by Virtually Marj
My WordPress Website Design services were retained to set up a self-hosted WordPress website for a collegue. She already had a domain name but did not have her own hosting account so I recommended a good hosting service. I helped my client redirect her domain name and set up her new self-hosted blog. Shortly after we had gone live, she was contacted by a business who indicated that her previously selected domain name was a trademark infringement so we got to move the site to a brand new domain.
Project tasks:6) Online Branding Consulting
1) Install and optimize WordPress
2) Design custom banner graphics
3) Customize elements of the theme per the client tastes
4) Move blog ... twice
5) Train client on usage of new software and plugins
My services were required to rescue hacked WordPress blog during the round of attacks related to version 2.8.4. Their site had been down for several days and their former hosting company was totally unresponsive to their support requests. With my help, these clients located a good hosting service and I moved their site.
Once the site database had been recovered and was stable again, my WordPress Expertise was required to add new theme templates to accomodate special formatting requirements for posts related to a new marketing program they had joined.
1) Repair hacked database and clean up hacked theme
2) Move site to new and more secure hosting
3) Add theme templates for affiliate marketing program
1) WordPress internals
My WordPress Website Design services were retained for the development of a JV list building project in the health and prosperity niche. The copywriter had very specific ideas about how the sales pages should be formatted and this included a lot of custom HTML and graphics within the Studiopress Mocha Theme.
There were 2 parts to this project ... sales pages and a WordPress Membership site. As with most projects, this client had no technical knowledge and she wasn't really sure what she wanted until began to see what was possible. Reiterating on the landing and offer pages, as well as delays in delivery of content, caused the normal snafus but we worked together to sort it all out and get the summit launched on time.
1) WordPress installation and configuration
2) Wordpress Website Design and Studiopress theme customizations
3) Select, install and configure plugins
4) Install and configure Wishlist Member plugin
5) Transform copy to stylized graphics and layout within custom theme design
6) Establish framework for non-technical client to secure content access
7) Graphics design of optin form and product images
8) Implementation of community forum for members
9) Train client in use of website and software
6) Wishlist Member
7) Buddypress Forum
Dreamstime Royalty Free Images – Browse or Buy!
Great Marketing ideas
Socialize with Virtually Marj!
- Book Review & Interview: Content Inc. by Joe Pulizzi August 27, 2015The Godfather of Content Marketing has struck gold again. Content Marketing Institute founder Joe Pulizzi has a new book that will hit shelves and Amazon carts this September. His newest book, Content Inc.: How Entrepreneurs Use Content to Build Massive Audiences and Create Radically Successful Businesses is a delightful blend of inspiration from Joeâ€™s personal […]Ashley Zeckman
- 3 Examples of How Partnering with Influencers on Content Creates a Winning Combination August 26, 2015â€śInfluencer Marketingâ€ť is a phrase that has gained momentum over the past few years. It seems that everywhere you turn, marketers are telling you that you need to incorporate influencers as part of your integrated digital marketing strategy. But the question is, does it really work? Many companies may not have the staff or resources […]Ashley Zeckman
- How 3 Mega E-Commerce Websites Approach Title Tag & Meta Description Optimization August 25, 2015Hereâ€™s a test: Google â€śfairy wingsâ€ť right now. Your job is to quickly find which result will sell you a set of glitter fairy wings and preferably include free shipping. Now that youâ€™ve begun your search, how do you know which result will bring you to the most qualified products? One way is to visually […]Leila De La Fuente
- Book Review & Interview: Content Inc. by Joe Pulizzi August 27, 2015