A Few Samples from Virtually Marj's Portfolio!WordPress Website Design by Virtually Marj
My services were retained to develop an Ecommerce website for Australian Gift site. Initially, we began with Magento but the software's complexity, along with the learning curve for shop owners, led me to research other shopping cart solutions.
Shopperpress had just come on the market and I could see that it was a better WordPress Shopping Cart application than any of the others which I had used but that software didn't support gift certificates and a shopper wishlist. In my professional opinion, Shopperpress is more targeted for shop owners who want to import product links from affiliate programs like eBay or Amazon. As I was researching shopping cart application alternatives that would meet the requirements of this shop owner, I learned about and recommended the use of CS-Cart.
1) Install CS-Cart
2) Design custom skin
3) Customize CS-Cart functionality
4) Test and activate payment gateway (eWay)
5) Page and logo graphics
6) CS-Cart Internals
This site was originally set up on WordPress but the site architecture and theme code was not leveraging the inherent SEO power of the software nor was it being properly used as a CMS. The site was coded in such a way that it was impossible to maintain without the help of a webmaster. My client wanted to begin blogging and that feature was not enabled.
1) Re-writing the theme and customizing website graphics
2) Add customized templates to facilitate specialized layouts
3) Add widgetized sidebar to theme
4) Restructure database to adhere to WordPress standards
5) Migrate WordPress recipe, menu, and cooking tips pages to WordPress categorized posts available to RSS
6) Enable basic blogging functionality
7) Research and identify high-impact keywords
8) SEO optimization of post, image, and page content
9) Train user in operation of new features
4) WordPress Internals
My WordPress Website Development skills were retained by this client through an oDesk contract. The project undertaking was fairly significant in that this client wanted to migrate a 10-year hold HTML website to WordPress using the Thesis theme. Graphics from the old website were not consistent with the newer and wider website designs so I was also hired to recreate his established logo graphics.
My client and I had several strategy sessions bout the WordPress site architecture and how to use plugins and core WordPress code to assemble the content in a similar way as was possible with simple HTML.
1) Install and optimize WordPress
2) Install and customize Thesis
3) Design site architecture
4) Select, install and configure plugins
5) Logo graphic design
6) Train client in use of WordPress and software
7) Port HTML pages to WordPress
6) WordPress internals
8) Database architecture
Dreamstime Royalty Free Images – Browse or Buy!
Great Marketing ideas
Socialize with Virtually Marj!
- 10 Must Read Content Marketing Posts for 2015 October 29, 2014Over the past 5 years weâ€™ve published over 380 articles about content marketing here on Online Marketing Blog.Â Itâ€™s a big topic after allÂ â€“Â withÂ plenty ofÂ opportunity to help marketers better understand the planning, creation, management, promotion, measurement and performance optimization of content. After digging in to our web and social media analytics, Iâ€™ve identified 10 of the […]Lee Odden
- For Better Integrated Marketing, Look Inside for Insights October 28, 2014Integrated Marketing often means aÂ combination of marketing tactics as part ofÂ a specific campaign tied together with a common goal and audience. As consumers become more diverse and sophisticated in how they discover, consume and interact with digital content, it only follows that marketers correspond their efforts to provide a common (yet relevant to the channel) […]Lee Odden
- How to Be the Best Answer with Topic Targeting October 27, 2014This weekend I had the good fortune to present at the Minnesota Blogger Conference where nearly 300 local bloggers gathered to learn, get inspired and network. For my part, I gave a presentation on how blogs are still an incredibly useful tool for marketing. Keeping the reason for blogging top of mind as well as […]Lee Odden
- 10 Must Read Content Marketing Posts for 2015 October 29, 2014