A Few Samples from Virtually Marj's Portfolio!WordPress Website Design by Virtually Marj
My WordPress Website Design services were retained to design and update an established blog for my client who has a niche in the relationship and lifestyle area. She had set up the site herself in 2005, when WordPress was very new, as a personal blog and, when she noticed steady traffic, wanted to improve the site's appearance and prepare the domain for monetization goals.
1) Install, secure and optimize Wordpress on client domain
2) Envision and design memorable banner graphics
3) Customize blog theme to client tastes
4) Restructure content to leverage niche keywords
5) Train client in use of new software and tools
My WordPress Website Development skills were retained by this client through an oDesk contract. The project undertaking was fairly significant in that this client wanted to migrate a 10-year hold HTML website to WordPress using the Thesis theme. Graphics from the old website were not consistent with the newer and wider website designs so I was also hired to recreate his established logo graphics.
My client and I had several strategy sessions bout the WordPress site architecture and how to use plugins and core WordPress code to assemble the content in a similar way as was possible with simple HTML.
1) Install and optimize WordPress
2) Install and customize Thesis
3) Design site architecture
4) Select, install and configure plugins
5) Logo graphic design
6) Train client in use of WordPress and software
7) Port HTML pages to WordPress
6) WordPress internals
8) Database architecture
My WordPress Website Design services were retained for the development of a JV list building project in the health and prosperity niche. The copywriter had very specific ideas about how the sales pages should be formatted and this included a lot of custom HTML and graphics within the Studiopress Mocha Theme.
There were 2 parts to this project ... sales pages and a WordPress Membership site. As with most projects, this client had no technical knowledge and she wasn't really sure what she wanted until began to see what was possible. Reiterating on the landing and offer pages, as well as delays in delivery of content, caused the normal snafus but we worked together to sort it all out and get the summit launched on time.
1) WordPress installation and configuration
2) Wordpress Website Design and Studiopress theme customizations
3) Select, install and configure plugins
4) Install and configure Wishlist Member plugin
5) Transform copy to stylized graphics and layout within custom theme design
6) Establish framework for non-technical client to secure content access
7) Graphics design of optin form and product images
8) Implementation of community forum for members
9) Train client in use of website and software
6) Wishlist Member
7) Buddypress Forum
Dreamstime Royalty Free Images – Browse or Buy!
Great Marketing ideas
Socialize with Virtually Marj!
- Better Business Blogging â€“ 7 Lessons Learned from Writing 1 Million Words October 23, 2014Blogging for over 10 years has been quite a journey to say the least. During that time, Iâ€™ve had my share of challenges, opportunities, disappointments and surprises. Back when I started, thereâ€™s no way I would have imagined having so many things to say for so long or anticipated what impact ongoing content creation would […]Lee Odden
- 3 Ways to Optimize Your Brandâ€™s Social Media Marketing Success October 21, 2014While nearly 90% of companies are using social media for marketing, theÂ distance between â€śusingâ€ť and â€śsucceedingâ€ť is of Grand Canyon proportions. In the early stages of social media marketing maturity, business use of social media tends to go through a series of phases from not doing anything to beginning to monitor social channels to sharing […]Lee Odden
- Online Marketing News: Safety Check Everyone, Content Marketing in 2015, Golden Triangle Downfall October 17, 2014Twitter vs Facebook: Key Statistics, Facts & Figures [INFOGRAPHIC] - How do Twitter and Facebook compare?Â Who wins in a no-holds fight between the two?Â This infographic has the answers you seek. AllTwitter Facebook Introduces Safety Check - In times of disaster or crisis, people turn to Facebook to check on loved ones and get […]Ben Brausen
- Better Business Blogging â€“ 7 Lessons Learned from Writing 1 Million Words October 23, 2014