A Few Samples from Virtually Marj's Portfolio!WordPress Website Design by Virtually Marj
My services were retained to develop an Ecommerce website for Australian Gift site. Initially, we began with Magento but the software's complexity, along with the learning curve for shop owners, led me to research other shopping cart solutions.
Shopperpress had just come on the market and I could see that it was a better WordPress Shopping Cart application than any of the others which I had used but that software didn't support gift certificates and a shopper wishlist. In my professional opinion, Shopperpress is more targeted for shop owners who want to import product links from affiliate programs like eBay or Amazon. As I was researching shopping cart application alternatives that would meet the requirements of this shop owner, I learned about and recommended the use of CS-Cart.
1) Install CS-Cart
2) Design custom skin
3) Customize CS-Cart functionality
4) Test and activate payment gateway (eWay)
5) Page and logo graphics
6) CS-Cart Internals
This site was originally set up on WordPress but the site architecture and theme code was not leveraging the inherent SEO power of the software nor was it being properly used as a CMS. The site was coded in such a way that it was impossible to maintain without the help of a webmaster. My client wanted to begin blogging and that feature was not enabled.
1) Re-writing the theme and customizing website graphics
2) Add customized templates to facilitate specialized layouts
3) Add widgetized sidebar to theme
4) Restructure database to adhere to WordPress standards
5) Migrate WordPress recipe, menu, and cooking tips pages to WordPress categorized posts available to RSS
6) Enable basic blogging functionality
7) Research and identify high-impact keywords
8) SEO optimization of post, image, and page content
9) Train user in operation of new features
4) WordPress Internals
My WordPress Website Design services were retained as part of a JV to establish a membership site that would permit access to premium content for paying webinar members. This venture occurred in 2009 so the training videos are now available at no cost but the site will remain in use for future webinars and my own premium content.
1) Install and optimize Wordpress
2) Customize WordPress Flex theme
3) Design pages and load content for prescribed monetization tactics
4) Implement Wishlist Member Plugin to secure video training content
6) WordPress internals
Dreamstime Royalty Free Images – Browse or Buy!
Great Marketing ideas
Socialize with Virtually Marj!
- What Marketers at Dell, IBM, Optum, General Mills and Bank of America Think About the Future of Search Marketing July 23, 2014As the search marketing industry continues to feel the sting of Google narrowing down what passes as acceptable search marketing practices, more practitioners find themselves having to defend the channel. This is more true with SEO than Search Advertising, but for many, search marketing isnâ€™t exactly the poster child it once was. But thatâ€™s not […]Lee Odden
- Learn, Network, Create â€“ Upcoming Digital Marketing and PR Conferences in 2014 July 21, 2014Continuous learning is the key to stay ahead in the digital marketing and PR world. Besides learning from your own experiments, connecting with other industry subject matter experts and peers can be a great way to expand your knowledge network. You ARE building a knowledge network, right? Events are a big part of how I […]Lee Odden
- Online Marketing News: #SongsSecretlyAboutPancakes, Yelp Complains, Twitter Gets Analytical July 18, 2014Twitter Engagement Study: Top Apps, Content Sources & Profiles Among Search Marketers - The search marketing community is one that can be defined by the topics we write about and share with our colleagues. In its latest report, â€śHow Search Marketers Engage on Twitter,â€ť social insights company Leadtail looked at 521 U.S. search marketers (SEMs) […]Ben Brausen
- What Marketers at Dell, IBM, Optum, General Mills and Bank of America Think About the Future of Search Marketing July 23, 2014