A Few Samples from Virtually Marj's Portfolio!WordPress Website Design by Virtually Marj
My WordPress Website Development skills were retained by this client through an oDesk contract. The project undertaking was fairly significant in that this client wanted to migrate a 10-year hold HTML website to WordPress using the Thesis theme. Graphics from the old website were not consistent with the newer and wider website designs so I was also hired to recreate his established logo graphics.
My client and I had several strategy sessions bout the WordPress site architecture and how to use plugins and core WordPress code to assemble the content in a similar way as was possible with simple HTML.
1) Install and optimize WordPress
2) Install and customize Thesis
3) Design site architecture
4) Select, install and configure plugins
5) Logo graphic design
6) Train client in use of WordPress and software
7) Port HTML pages to WordPress
6) WordPress internals
8) Database architecture
When my client envisioned a website for her publication, the site that was designed was primarily intended for promotion and sales of her acclaimed cookbook, A Well-Seasoned Kitchen. The client was unhappy with the limitations of the Shopping Cart plugin that had been implemented by her previous webmaster. My services were retained to design and implement a full-featured shopping cart.
For this project and based on the features and functions that my client was requesting, I recommended the use of CS-Cart software.
1) Installation of CS-Cart software
2) Design and implement custom CS-Cart skin
3) Configure shipping features and functions per customer specification
4) Customize CS-Cart application for gift wrapping
5) Load products and SEO optimize content
6) Enable SSL certificate for domain
7) Test and implement payment processing
8) Train client in the use of their new application
4) CS-Cart Internals
8) Payment Gateway API
My WordPress Website Design services were retained to develop a website to promote and acquire online reservations for a rental property in Missouri.
1) Recommend and set up account at a good hosting company
2) Install and optimize WordPress
3) Design page that conveyed the spirit of the company name
4) Set up an online reservation system
5) Set up, test and implement payment gateway API
6) Load initial site content and image galleries
7) Setup and integrate Google map for points of interest and activites during stay
5) WordPress internals
7) Web-based reservations
8) Image gallery setup
Dreamstime Royalty Free Images – Browse or Buy!
Great Marketing ideas
Socialize with Virtually Marj!
- Online Marketing News: Analytics For All, Facebook Doubles Up, Google Speaks Your Language August 29, 2014Marketersâ€™ Perceptions of Real-Time Marketing [Infographic] - Some 88% of marketers say real-time marketing is important to 2014, according to a recent survey by Evergage. The company surveyed 100+ marketers across 18 countries to find out what they think about real-time marketing in 2014. MarketingProfs Bingâ€™s Image Search Widget Lets You Embed Image ResultBen Brausen
- Interview with Content Curation and Marketing Software Guru Pawan Deshpande of Curata August 28, 2014In the world of content marketing, curation plays an instrumental role for companies that want to become a single source destination for industry news and information related to their area of expertise. Interest in curation has grown significantly and to meet demand, a number of software companies have emerged. Curata is one of the leaders […]Lee Odden
- Infographic: Achieve Real Content Marketing ROI â€“ 10 Tips from CMI, Dell, Kraft Foods, Curata, NewsCred August 27, 2014Understand Why Before ROI with Content Marketing The rush towards the content marketing bandwagon can seem as chaotic and nonsensical as most of the adventures of Alice in Wonderland.Â There are Cheshire Cats offering ambiguous advice and Red Queen business managers demanding results now or, â€śoff with their heads!â€ť There is no satisfaction from investing in [Lee Odden
- Online Marketing News: Analytics For All, Facebook Doubles Up, Google Speaks Your Language August 29, 2014